Fix yourself a snack, sit in a comfy chair, and ready yourself to listen to a mammoth Wargaming Recon episode.
Total Confusion 27 is discussed at length. Jonathan recorded audio live at the con from his hotel room. That audio forms the first hour of this episode. The second hour covers Friday night through Sunday mid-morning of the con. The second half of the show was recorded after the con in the Wargaming Recon studio.
So much happened at the con that it is difficult to recount it all in the show notes. Instead, we hope you will enjoy the episode and read the below thanks.
We’d like to thank:
- Angelia Parenteau, TotalCon’s Promotional Director, along with Steven Parenteau and the rest of the TotalCon staff for making this year’s event a HUGE success.
- Industry guest Ben Gerber, and his wife, for a game-filled fun Friday evening with Wayne Moulton, Jr. of the Sages of the RPG. We played some great games, like Tugboat, and talked shop. Ben is the host of Indie Talks and co-host of Growing Geeks with Tristan Tarwater. Both shows can be found on the Troll in the Corner Podcast Network.
- Industry guest Peter “Blix” Bryant, from Studio187 and the Tri Tac Games Podcast, for running an incredible Cube of Death (listen to Geeks Explicitly #13 Cube of Death for a review). This was Jonathan’s first time playing and it was a blast. Many thanks to Blix’s sponsors who provided the $5 Game Crafter gift certificated and Puerto Rico computer game that was given to Cube of Death players.
- Industry guest Jay Libby who is the co-owner of Dilly Green Bean Games. He is sending us a review copy of his superhero RPG titled G-Core. Jay is a fun guy who hosts an awesome cocktail hour. Next year Jonathan aims to snag an invite to the epic fun.
- Vendors Brenden Hill and Jeremy Brown of Crossroad Games in Standish, Maine. They were a joy to hang out with Friday evening. Lots of great conversation and a love of Downton Abbey. Buy lots of games from them when you’re near Portland, Maine.
- Listener Patrick for making TotalCon 27 my best con memory. Had so much fun playing Zombie Dice, chilling at the GM Social, and chatting until the wee hours of the morning. It was truly a blast!
- Chad Ellis, owner of Your Move Games in Somerville Mass, for taking the time to explain his game Battleground. He showed us how it works, discussed the benefits of the game, and gave us some great review product. Afterwards he gave listeners Adrian and Cort a demo. We know Battleground will become a new regular game for us to play. Ask your local stores to stock it!
- Vendor Foam Brain Games for stocking Gloom, We Didn’t Playtest This at All, and Win Lose or Banana. They gave a very enjoyable demo of Win, Lose or Banana. A silly and fun game only costing $1. You can’t beat that!
- New listener Chris V. aka Boston Greek Geek for being a huge fan of the game Ninja by Ben Gerber. It was a lot of fun talking to Chris about the game and discovering that he lives not far from us and knows a few of our friends.
- Vendor The Dragon’s Lair for their dedication to protecting the security of their customers. It is rare to find a business, let alone con vendor, to be so concerned for their customer’s welfare. It was greatly appreciated.
- Listeners Adrian and Cort. You carried a heavy burden for Battle of Freeman’s Farm. You both created beautifully painted models and terrain that shone on the table. The event would not have been a success without you.
- Blix’s friends Mike and Brian who, along with Blix, welcomed me to their breakfast table on the Sunday at the con. We discussed podcasting and they shared many useful tips. Not to mention they are funny guys! You need to listen to their podcast the Con Men Podcast, which discusses conventions across America.
- Jonathan’s incredible wife who encouraged him to attend the con, stay over, and is always supportive and understanding of his many hobbies. None of this would be possible without her love and support. Why not check out her cake decorating blog at The Cake Is Not A Lie.
Wargaming Recon belongs to the Troll in the Corner Podcast Network (TCPN). You may like some of the other shows on the network.
Indie Talks – bi-monthly on Wednesdays covering independent games, film, television. Includes many interviews. Hosted by Trollitc owner Ben Gerber.
Geeks Explicitly – weekly on Thursdays covering geek life, movies, gaming, and more. Hosted by Jonathan J. Reinhart.
Monsters of the Shattered World – monthly on the last Saturday. Story of a young scholar encountering strange animals on another world.
Promos for the TCPN podcasts appear at the end of the show. Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for the amazing logos. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
12-7-Games.com Proudly Sponsors Wargaming Recon
Need gaming supplies? Please consider our sponsor, 12-7-Games.com.
BlueHost Affiliate Signup
I want to send out a special word of thanks to the folks behind the following domains that were used to create a new hosting account with BlueHost with my Blue Host affiliate link recently. As you know, I earn a commission each time someone clicks through my link to sign up with Blue Host. So thank you!
Accounts that were created recently:
- Why not consider Blue Host for your web hosting needs (affiliate link)?
Note: The fact that I have linked to these accounts is only to acknowledge that these folks have used my affiliate link to create a hosting account with BlueHost. These links are not an endorsement of any content that may be posted to these sites. If you ever recognize content blatantly offensive at any of these links, please let me know and I will be sure to evaluate and consider if the link should be removed from this post. These accounts are all brand new and may not be active yet. Also, it is possible that some of these domains were previously owned and my not have been transfered to BlueHost just yet.
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.