Jasper Oorthuys, managing editor publications, and Dr. Josho Brouwers, editor of Ancient Warfare magazine and co-editor of Ancient History magazine, discuss the Ancient History magazine (AHM) Kickstarter.
Learn what Ancient History magazine is and why you should back its Kickstarter project.
AHM Kickstarter 411
Starts: March 18, 2015
Ends: 30 days later
Goal: 12,500 Euros to fund the publishing of the 1st magazine issue
Pledges: Start at 5 Euros
How to back: Check out the Ancient History Magazine Kickstarter
Social Media: AHM on Facebook, AHM on Twitter, AHM website.
FREE Sample Issue: Get the free PDF.
Support Jonathan through PATREON
Via our Facebook page:
- Listener Adam asked in response to episode 130 “Good podcast Jon. Steven it’s always interesting to me to hear the organizers side. How firm are you about not wanting a Flames of War tournament? It seemed like there was lots of space available for miniature war gaming on Sunday through that might be due to the weather.”
- Guest Steven Parenteau replied “What I should have said is we don’t have the space to run more than one tournament event at a time. Normally everyone wants a Saturday event leaving the tables empty Friday and Sunday. As I had said in our interview I always take submitted events before I fill it in with our staff events.
So in short a Sunday Flames of War event is totally feasible. It may have looked empty this year because normally we have to shunt the RPGA area into the minis hall because of the Sunday brunch that normally goes on. This year the hotel management cancelled the brunch so we didn’t have to move the RPGA group into the minis area for space.”
Unique way to kickstart a small convention.
WHEN: Sat Mar 21, 2015 from 9am-11pm
WHERE: Courtyard Marriott hotel in Milford, Massachusetts
HOW: Back the Kickstarter for as little as $15
WHY: Variety of board and wargames plus Jonathan has a free press badge for him to attend. You can say hi if you see him.
- Jamie Searle from Norway left a 5 star review on iTunes titled A Great Wargames Podcast saying “I’m really enjoying this show. I’ve listened to about 50 episodes now and found all of them to have real value. The range of topics is refreshing and the quality of production and guests really makes it a good listen. Wargaming Recon is mostly focused on historical miniature wargames, but enough different games and tangental topics are covered that it’s always interesting.”
- RobertD left a 4 star review on Stitcher Radio titled Historical Wargaming saying “Every episode has some great content related to wargaming in New England. It could be talking about a Convention with one of the directors, holiday buying ideas, or even just doing a mailbag episode.”
Do You Like Wargaming Recon?
If you like what you hear and you use iTunes to get our content we ask a favor of you. Please consider reviewing us on iTunes & Stitcher Radio.
iTunes is one of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Stitcher Radio is fast becoming a popular way for listeners to find great podcasts. Help a would-be listener find Wargaming Recon by leaving your review.
Episode Guide Tells You What’s in the Pipe
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
- We suggest Mobile Users to use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
Wargaming Recon belongs to the Troll in the Corner Podcast Network (TCPN). You may like some of the other shows on the network.
Indie Talks – bi-monthly on Wednesdays covering independent games, film, television. Includes many interviews. Hosted by Trollitc owner Ben Gerber.
Monsters of the Shattered World – monthly on the last Saturday. Story of a young scholar encountering strange animals on another world.
Promos for the TCPN podcasts appear at the end of the show. Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for the amazing logos. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
12-7-Games.com Proudly Sponsors Wargaming Recon
Need gaming supplies? Please consider our sponsor, 12-7-Games.com.
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.