Extra Life 24hr Game-a-thon 2015 is covered in more depth. Highlights from 2015 podcast season plus Patreon changes are revealed too! This is FINAL new episode of 2015.
Support Jonathan through PATREON
Extra Life 24hr Game-a-thon 2015 Games Played/Activities
- Prison Architect
- Kerbal Space Program
- Tropico 5
- Ultimate General: Gettysburg
- Live streamed games and me painting a Flames of War Fuel Dump
Highlights of 2015)
- Ep.131: Ancient History Magazine Kickstarted with Jasper Oorthuys and Josho Brouwers
- Ep.136: HuzzahCon 2015
- Ep.143: Leadbear’s Scenic Tufts
- Ep.145: Mailbag Listener Mail
- Raising $555.33 for Extra Life charity to benefit Boston Children’s Hospital
- Team Troll raised $4,952
- Maintaining show quality and schedule after my daughter’s birth as promised in Ep.129: Are Small Game Conventions Dying Out?
Only 535 listeners away from reaching 30,000 listeners for the year. As soon as that happens I’ll make a charitable contribution to:
Via our Facebook page:
- Thanks to the Earth Station One podcast for airing our promo.
Via the Web:
- Jacksarge’s Wargames Ramblings blog said “Jonathan is very enthusiastic about his subject – I especially enjoy it when he has Henry Hyde on the show.”
I’m stunned and terribly saddened to hear of the passing of longtime listener Andrew. He helped to give the show the name Wargaming Recon. Andrew was a kind soul who selflessly gave of himself to help those around him. Despite being legally blind he taught children how to wargame.
Wargaming Recon has lost a good friend in his passing. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.
Do You Like Wargaming Recon?
If you like what you hear and you use iTunes to get our content we ask a favor of you. Please consider reviewing us on iTunes & Stitcher Radio.
iTunes is one of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Stitcher Radio is fast becoming a popular way for listeners to find great podcasts. Help a would-be listener find Wargaming Recon by leaving your review.
Patreon backers get newest episodes FIRST
Changes are coming January 2016! Patreon backers will support the show on a monthly basis instead of per episode. It should work out the some financially. This new method is more transparent and easier for all when budgeting.
As a thank you to those backing the show on Patreon I will be releasing episodes to them before anyone else can get the episode.
Don’t want to wait? Why not support Wargaming Recon through our Patreon. It costs just $1 per episode roughly $2 per month. That is less than a cup of coffee.
- Dave & the Wargames @ BattleShades Facebook group
- Jamie @DrakePoldragon on Twitter.
Wargaming Recon LIVE Page
Jonathan is recording Wargaming Recon LIVE for your viewing pleasure. You can watch the live streaming episodes through our brand new LIVE page.
It shows the live streaming recording, a calendar of upcoming live recordings, and it features a chatroom for you to chat with other listeners and with Jonathan!
Please visit our LIVE page to be an active part of the community.
The Maine Historical Wargamers Association (they’re the people behind HUZZAH “Historical Wargaming for New England” are a new sponsor for the show. So grateful for their support. Please be sure to go to Huzzah May 13-16, 2016 at the Doubletree Inn in South Portland, Maine. I’ll be there doing a LIVE podcast recording.
Episode Guide Tells You What’s in the Pipe
- We suggest Mobile Users use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for our amazing logo. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.