Extra Life 24hr Game-a-thon 2014
The Extra Life 24hr Game-a-thon helps kids in need to get the medical treatments they desperately need. Learn how Wargaming Recon raised money by playing games for 24 hours.
The funds are used to provide medical care for kids whose families otherwise could not afford the help.
Listen to this episode to learn more about this great cause, discover some cool new games, and maybe you will be empowered to participate next year!
This episode discussed:
Via our Facebook page:
Adam from the Fencing Frog blog said “Glad I could make my own small contribution but you and all of “Team Troll” did an amazing job.”
Sigur Squrrl said “Having Henry on a podcast especially usually is a safe bet. Sit him down in front of a microphone, ask “so how have you been, Henry?”, lean back and make sure you have a lot of spare hard disc space. Always a delight.”
Author Tracy Hoban commented about episode 109 “‘Turn your girlfriend into a war gamer.’ lol”
- Stevbee from Canada left a 4 star review titled Great Stuff! saying “A great podcast full of a variety [of] good quality information.”
- Josh Weaver from the UK left a 4 star review titled Cheers saying “Thanks fo ran excellent podcast! I’ve only recently discovered the podcast and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the cast and the dedication to improving that quality…all in all a great podcast! Happy gaming”
We’re up to 10 ratings with an average score of 4.3 stars! Please take the time to REVIEW the show on iTunes. It helps others to find our show and it also helps to grow the hobby. Thank you to those who have rated and reviewed us.
Do You Like Wargaming Recon?
If you like what you hear and you use iTunes to get our content we ask a favor of you. Please consider reviewing us on iTunes.
iTunes is one of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Over the years I’ve had a variety of guests on the show. Now I need to know who YOU want me to have on the show. Please CONTACT ME with who you want me to get on the show. If you can share their contact information or an introduction that is even better.
Episode Guide Tells You What’s in the Pipe
- Ep 127: Looking Back on 2014.
- 2 Best of episodes release Dec 22, 2014 (my birthday) & Jan 5, 2015.
- 2015 PODCAST SEASON BEGINS JAN 19, 2015 with Ep 128.
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
- We suggest Mobile Users to use Pocket Casts ($1.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE).
- Subscribe to us on iTunes
Wargaming Recon belongs to the Troll in the Corner Podcast Network (TCPN). You may like some of the other shows on the network.
Indie Talks – bi-monthly on Wednesdays covering independent games, film, television. Includes many interviews. Hosted by Trollitc owner Ben Gerber.
Monsters of the Shattered World – monthly on the last Saturday. Story of a young scholar encountering strange animals on another world.
Promos for the TCPN podcasts appear at the end of the show. Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for the amazing logos. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
12-7-Games.com Proudly Sponsors Wargaming Recon
Need gaming supplies? Please consider our sponsor, 12-7-Games.com.
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.