Hexographer 2 can help you bring a wargame campaign from concept to reality. Joe Wetzel explains the software, the Kickstarter project, and why wargamers should snag a copy of this indispensable world building computer program.
The longest-running tabletop wargaming podcast on the planet
Through his research Neil discovered the 3 longest-running shows are Drop Pod Cast, his Meeples & Miniatures, and Wargaming Recon. Neil also said according to dates on the feeds Wargaming Recon takes first place by 6 days and it has been around 6 months longer than Meeples & Miniatures. Other podcasts like the Dice Tower, This Week in Tech, & The Adam Carolla Show, for example, have been around longer but, they’re not tabletop wargaming podcasts.
How Hexographer 2 Differs from Hexographer
- Streamlined backend
- Cleaner coding
- New features such as Undo/Redo ability
- Newer, more polished graphics and icons
- New widgets and interface
- Add a Few Names $3
- 1 Icon Set $16
- Upgrade Only $19
- Upgrade & 1 Icon Set $35
- Hexographer 1 & the Upgrade $35
- Upgrade & 2 Icon Sets $50
- Upgrade, 2 Icon Sets, & Mousepad $60
- Upgrade, 2 Icon Sets, Mousepad, & Mug $80
- Upgrade, 2 Icon Sets, Mousepad, Mug, & Alphas $125
Unlocked Stretch Goals
- City Notes Generator
- 15 Extra mostly Elven “Isometric” icons
- Castle Notes Generator
- 15 Extra mostly Elven “Alternate Classic” icons
- Coastline Wizard
- 15 Extra mostly Dwarven “Isometric” icons
- Political Border Tool
- 15 Extra mostly Dwarven “Alternate Classic” icons
- Hex Overlay
- 15 Extra mostly Orc “Isometric” icons
- Ruins Notes Generator
- 10 Extra mostly Orc “Alternate Classic” icons
- Political Hex Widget/Tool
Via E-mail (send mail to jonathan @ wargamingrecon.com):
- Guest Ian Cross said of Episode 165: 10 Years of Wargaming Recon “warm congratulations on 10 years. I really enjoyed our conversation several years ago and seamlessly moving between the study I did and our own personal histories in the world of tabletop wargaming.” Ian was on Episode 102: An Academic Study of Wargamers.
- Martin became the 1,510th person to like our Facebook page.
Wargaming Recon is dedicated to the memory of long time listener Andrew who helped to give the show its name. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.
Do You Like Wargaming Recon, then Review the show
iTunes and Stitcher Radio are some of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Patreon backers get the newest episodes FIRST
Don’t want to wait? Support Wargaming Recon through Patreon. It costs as little as $1 per per month. That is less than a cup of coffee.
Thank you to:
- Dave & the Wargames @ BattleShades Facebook group
- Chris Parker of Day of Battle Games
- Kyle from Vermont
$28 away from next Patreon Goal
Jonathan is recording Wargaming Recon LIVE for your viewing pleasure. You can watch the live streaming episodes through our brand new LIVE page.
It shows the live streaming recording, a calendar of upcoming live recordings, and it features a chatroom for you to chat with other listeners and with Jonathan!
Please visit our LIVE page to be an active part of the community.
The Maine Historical Wargamers Association (they’re the people behind HUZZAH “Historical Wargaming for New England”) are a new sponsor for the show. So grateful for their support. Please be sure to go to Huzzah May 19-21, 2017 at the Doubletree Inn in South Portland, Maine.
- We suggest Mobile Users use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for our amazing logo. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Telephone Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.