Henry Hyde has launched his own publishing firm named Gladius Publications. Learn how the author of The Wargaming Compendium (also on Kindle) will publish digital history, militaria, and wargaming books.
The longest-running tabletop wargaming podcast on the planet
Through his research Neil discovered the 3 longest-running shows are Drop Pod Cast, his Meeples & Miniatures, and Wargaming Recon. Neil also said according to dates on the feeds Wargaming Recon takes first place by 6 days and it has been around 6 months longer than Meeples & Miniatures. Other podcasts like the Dice Tower, This Week in Tech, & The Adam Carolla Show, for example, have been around longer but, they’re not tabletop wargaming podcasts.
Brief History of Gladius Publications
Gladius is the offspring from Henry’s former web design partnership under the name H A Design. He revived Gladius as the overarching entity to self publish his upcoming works.
Genres Gladius will Publish
- Science Fiction
- Fantasy (like Henry’s Barik’s Blades, which was recently shortlisted for Triskele Book’s First Page 2016 competition)
- Wargaming (but not the three books he’s releasing through Penn & Sword covering Wargame Campaigns, his Shot, Steel, & Stone wargaming rules, and a third untitled project).
- Select work by other authors
Formats Gladius will Use
- eBook formats such as pdf, epub, Kindle, and iBooks
- Print on demand for select titles through Amazon’s CreateSpace
Gladius’ Online Courses
- It will begin offering online courses in the vein of Lynda.com
- Courses will be geared towards professionals and businesses
- Unlikely for any courses to cover wargaming topics
- Instead will teach how to use Adobe Photoshop, writing tools, and other software
Via E-mail (send mail to jonathan @ wargamingrecon.com):
- Listener Dave said of Episode 165: 10 Years of Wargaming Recon “Good luck it sound like it’s going to be a good one.”
- Recurring guest Neil Shuck of Meeples & Miniatures said of Episode 165: 10 Years of Wargaming Recon “Really well done on 10 years!”
- Recurring guest & game designer Russ Lockwood said of Episode 165: 10 Years of Wargaming Recon “Congratulations on reaching the 10-year milestone. Always enjoy chatting with a knowledgeable host. Keep up the good work.”
- The Extra Life charity said “Over the past 4 years, you’ve raised/donated over $1,500 for sick and injured kiddos.. you’re a rockstar!!”
Wargaming Recon is dedicated to the memory of long time listener Andrew who helped to give the show its name. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.
Do You Like Wargaming Recon, then Review the show
iTunes and Stitcher Radio are some of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Patreon backers get the newest episodes FIRST
Don’t want to wait? Support Wargaming Recon through Patreon. It costs as little as $1 per per month. That is less than a cup of coffee.
Thank you to:
- Dave & the Wargames @ BattleShades Facebook group
- Chris Parker of Day of Battle Games
- Kyle from Vermont
$28 away from next Patreon Goal
New Kickstarter for you to look at. I’ll do a show devoted to it. Worldographer: Hexographer 2. Joe Wetzel, owner of Inkwell Ideas, will be on an as yet unannounced episode to discuss this Kickstarter. So far it has raised $24,000+ of its $15,000 goal & reached 7 of its 13 stretch goals. They are a City Notes Generator, Castle Notes generator, and many isometric icons. It is working towards its 8th stretch goal, which will be for 15 more isometric icons.
Jonathan is recording Wargaming Recon LIVE for your viewing pleasure. You can watch the live streaming episodes through our brand new LIVE page.
It shows the live streaming recording, a calendar of upcoming live recordings, and it features a chatroom for you to chat with other listeners and with Jonathan!
Please visit our LIVE page to be an active part of the community.
The Maine Historical Wargamers Association (they’re the people behind HUZZAH “Historical Wargaming for New England”) are a new sponsor for the show. So grateful for their support. Please be sure to go to Huzzah May 19-21, 2017 at the Doubletree Inn in South Portland, Maine. I’ll be there doing a LIVE podcast recording.
- We suggest Mobile Users use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for our amazing logo. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Telephone Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.