Hope you enjoy the first of two “Best of” 2016 episodes. Originally released on March 28, 2016 the episode features now co-host Mike Paine discussing how to successfully run a game at a convention.
This ReCast tells is the episode that gave Jonathan the idea to invite Mike to be a co-host! If you’re listening to this on Dec 22nd, I hope you’ll send positive birthday thoughts my way.
Don’t worry! We’ll be back with NEW episodes of Wargaming Recon in 2017.
The longest-running tabletop wargaming podcast on the planet
Links to Items Discussed on the Show
- HAVOC Game Convention
- Huzzah Game Convention
- Buy Frostgrave on WargameVault (affiliate link)
- Fencing Frog Blog
- $20 Aurelian Unit Tiles by Sam Mustafa on DriveThruCards (affiliate link)
- How to Make Custom Cards Youtube Video
- $42.23 Hail Caesar rules on Amazon (affiliate link)
- Hobby Bunker in Malden, Massachusetts
- HaT Industrie 1/72 scale Ancient Roman miniatures
- Caesar Miniatures 1/72 scale Ancient Roman figures
Via our Facebook page fans were asked to caption this photo:
- Listener Cary said “It’s A B B A Select Start, how many times do I have to tell you.”
- Listener Peter said “This new formula one racing game sure is kickass.”
- Listener Irene said “Multitasking….you got this.”
- Guest Mike Paine put his caption in the photo seen below:
Wargaming Recon is dedicated to the memory of long time listener Andrew who helped to give the show its name. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.
Do You Like Wargaming Recon?
If you like what you hear and you use iTunes to get our content we ask a favor of you. Please consider reviewing us on iTunes & Stitcher Radio.
iTunes is one of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Patreon backers get the newest episodes FIRST
Don’t want to wait? Support Wargaming Recon through Patreon. It costs as little as $1 per per month. That is less than a cup of coffee.
Thank you to:
- Dave & the Wargames @ BattleShades Facebook group
- Chris P.
Grow the Community
Want to get your friends to listen to Wargaming Recon? We have lots of Wargaming Recon business cards. E-mail Jonathan with your mailing address and how many cards you want. He will send them to you for FREE.
Simply hand one to your buddies and fellow gamers when you’re at cons, game days, or club nights.
Jonathan is recording Wargaming Recon LIVE for your viewing pleasure. You can watch the live streaming episodes through our brand new LIVE page.
It shows the live streaming recording, a calendar of upcoming live recordings, and it features a chatroom for you to chat with other listeners and with Jonathan!
Please visit our LIVE page to be an active part of the community.
The Maine Historical Wargamers Association (they’re the people behind HUZZAH “Historical Wargaming for New England” are a new sponsor for the show. So grateful for their support. Please be sure to go to Huzzah May 13-16, 2016 at the Doubletree Inn in South Portland, Maine. I’ll be there doing a LIVE podcast recording.
Episode Guide Tells You What’s in the Pipe
- We suggest Mobile Users use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for our amazing logo. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Telephone Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.