Hope you enjoy this final of two “Best of” 2016 episodes. Originally released on February 29, 2016 the episode features TotalCon 2016’s highs and lows.
Don’t worry! We’ll be back with NEW episodes of Wargaming Recon in 2017.
The longest-running tabletop wargaming podcast on the planet
- Tiny Epic Galaxies with industry guest GM Ben Gerber
- Convoy to Malta War at Sea Game with GM Dan Eustace
- Writing for RPGs panel with industry guests Michael Curtis, Jeffrey Talanian, and Mike Pondsmith
- My wife and daughter visited for the afternoon
- Riding the Rocket the First 5 Years at TSR panel with industry guest Tim Kask
- Playing 1775 with listeners (and friends) Patrick and Cary
- Dilly Green Bean Games Cocktail Party
- Hotel under renovations despite promising con it’d be finished before Feb 1, 2016
- Guests were given wrong rooms
- Interior of some rooms were covered with plaster dust (on the bed, TV, etc)
- Problems with the water in some bathrooms. Turns off randomly, only gives scaldingly hot water in spurts
- Telephones were not hooked up/operational in some rooms
- Furniture haphazardly tossed into some rooms
- It impacted all rooms but surprisingly it heavily hit suites and rooms for industry guests
- More than 60 parking spots are filled with construction debris and tractor trailers storing items
- Construction debris could be found in some hallways making it difficult for attendees with limited mobility to get by
- The hotel’s restaurant had exceedingly slow service
- NONE OF THIS WAS TOTALCON’S FAULT. They did their due diligence but the hotel gave them incorrect information.
Support Jonathan through PATREON
Via our Facebook page:
- Listener John said of Ep 152: Pulp Wargaming Hanghai with Mike Paine “Great to hear the Grand Poobah speak and enlighten us all. Nice job.”
- Listener Richard said of Ep 152: Pulp Wargaming Hanghai with Mike Paine “”Great interview.”
GIVEAWAY IS OVER. Listener Kyle won the free weekend pass to TotalCon. Here is his 5 star iTunes review:
Wargaming Recon is dedicated to the memory of long time listener Andrew who helped to give the show its name. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.
Do You Like Wargaming Recon?
If you like what you hear and you use iTunes to get our content we ask a favor of you. Please consider reviewing us on iTunes & Stitcher Radio.
iTunes is one of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Stitcher Radio is fast becoming a popular way for listeners to find great podcasts. Help a would-be listener find Wargaming Recon by leaving your review.
Patreon backers get the newest episodes FIRST
Don’t want to wait? Support Wargaming Recon through our Patreon. It costs just $1 per per month. That is less than a cup of coffee.
Thank you to:
- Dave & the Wargames @ BattleShades Facebook group
- Chris P.
Wargaming Recon LIVE Page
Jonathan is recording Wargaming Recon LIVE for your viewing pleasure. You can watch the live streaming episodes through our brand new LIVE page.
It shows the live streaming recording, a calendar of upcoming live recordings, and it features a chatroom for you to chat with other listeners and with Jonathan!
Please visit our LIVE page to be an active part of the community.
The Maine Historical Wargamers Association (they’re the people behind HUZZAH “Historical Wargaming for New England” are a new sponsor for the show. So grateful for their support. Please be sure to go to Huzzah May 13-16, 2016 at the Doubletree Inn in South Portland, Maine. I’ll be there doing a LIVE podcast recording.
Episode Guide Tells You What’s in the Pipe
- We suggest Mobile Users use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for our amazing logo. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Telephone Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.