Guest Joshua Johnson, Maine Historical Wargamers Association Vice President takes time out of his busy schedule to chat with the fellas at Wargaming Recon.
What is the Maine Historical Wargamers Association (MHWA)?
“The Maine Historical Wargamers Association (MHWA) is a not-for-profit organization promoting miniature and board gaming in Maine. The MHWA organize three public game days each year, two game days for members and guests, and a three day convention in May. Learn more about becoming a member today.”
Founded 12 years ago in 2003. Huzzah has been going for 8 years, The MHWA has been a staple for most gamers in the Maine area. Joshua goes on how it all began!
As with any group of gamers, an event makes the group stick together. Huzzah is the family event that brings all gamers with in the area and theme. Joshua goes on how the event is organised and run. These events don’t become what they are on their own and a organized group of “adults” make the magic happen.
With all the changes in games, rules and more wars becoming historical, Josh tells us what the MHWA is going to do to keep it all together and continue you grow the hobby and promote great gaming.
- Listener Rich said of Episode 184 Huzzah 2017 “thank you for the review, yes was a lot of troops to move but that period no real small battles, i also run AWI and ACW games 4-6 players moves along much faster.”
- 5 star review titled “Top Notch” from landencelano of the Grunt Work Podcast” Really impressed with the quality of the content and how enjoyable it was even being semi-unfamiliar with the topic. Unique perspective. Can’t wait to consume all there is to listen to. ”
Do You Like Wargaming Recon, then Review the show
iTunes and Stitcher Radio are some of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Patreon backers get the newest episodes FIRST
Don’t want to wait? Support Wargaming Recon through Patreon. It costs as little as $1 per per month. That is less than a cup of coffee.
Thank you to:
- Chris Parker of Day of Battle Games
- Kyle from Vermont
$55 away from next Patreon Goal
- We suggest Mobile Users use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
- Next Episode is 188 releasing on July 24 2017
Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for our amazing logo. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
Contact Wargaming Recon
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Telephone Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
Joshua Shoobridge edited the audio for this episode and wrote the show notes.
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Wargaming Recon is dedicated to the memory of long time listener Andrew who helped to give the show its name. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.