Joshua Shoobridge uses wargaming as a salve for his environmentally induced depression. Learn some of his methods and perhaps they could help you or someone you know.
Please note this disclaimer. Joshua and I are NOT medical professionals. We are NOT providing medical advice, care, or treatment. If you or someone you know suffers from a medical illness please seek professional help immediately.
If you or anyone you know suffers from depression you may find help from the Samaritans. Call them 24 hours a day at (212) 673-3000 or visit The Samaritans 24-Hour Crisis Hotline website.
Links to Items Discussed on the Show
- The Samaritans 24-Hour Crisis Hotline
- The Hobby Desk Episode 6
- Miniature Wargaming the Movie’s 2nd Kickstarter with Joseph Piddington Ep 161
- TSR Podcast Network
5 Ways Wargaming Helps Joshua’s Depression
- Makes order out of chaos (Star Wars Syndrome Effect)
- Is something he can control
- Serves as an escape from reality
- Gaming with others forces him to be social and extroverted
- Provides a sense of community
Via our Facebook page:
- Richard said of Episode 161: Miniature Wargaming the Movie’s 2nd Kickstarter with Joseph Piddington “It would have been nice to see people like Richard Clarke (Toofatlardies) totally inovative and have charged our hobby IMHO, other scale manufacturers – 10, 15 or 20mm maybe too rather than just Warlord or the Perrys (who get plenty of publicity on their own)”
Wargaming Recon is dedicated to the memory of long time listener Andrew who helped to give the show its name. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.
Do You Like Wargaming Recon?
If you like what you hear and you use iTunes to get our content we ask a favor of you. Please consider reviewing us on iTunes & Stitcher Radio.
iTunes is one of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
Donate to Wargaming Recon
Patreon backers get the newest episodes FIRST
Don’t want to wait? Support Wargaming Recon through Patreon. It costs as little as $1 per per month. That is less than a cup of coffee.
Thank you to:
- Dave & the Wargames @ BattleShades Facebook group
- Chris P.
Custom Dice ($18 USD per set of 6)
Get your set of 6 wooden custom Wargaming Recon six-sided dice by supporting the show on PATREON. For only $18 USD Jonathan will mail you one set of these custom dice.
Many thanks to Christopher Rhett for designing and producing these custom dice.
Jonathan is recording Wargaming Recon LIVE for your viewing pleasure. You can watch the live streaming episodes through our brand new LIVE page.
It shows the live streaming recording, a calendar of upcoming live recordings, and it features a chatroom for you to chat with other listeners and with Jonathan!
Please visit our LIVE page to be an active part of the community.
- We suggest Mobile Users use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for our amazing logo. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
Penny for Your Thoughts
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan [at] WargamingRecon [dot] com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Telephone Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.