In this episode we crack open a box of ol’ stogies and see what lies within! Alex and Jonathan review Cigar Box Battle Mats!
The longest-running tabletop wargaming podcast on the planet
Mats Being Reviewed
- Field of Battle #406 PLUSH sized 4x6ft plus
Cost = $69 for standard version. $74 for PLUSH
- Tundra #129 4x6ft plus
Cost = $69 for Standard, $74 for PLUSH
- Desert #120 4x6ft plus
Cost = $59 Standard, $74 PLUSH
- Frozen Ruins #201 3x3ft mat
Cost = $55
- 4x6ft plus = approximately 56×76 inches
- 3x3ft mats = approximately 36×36 inches
- Hexes (1, 2, 3, and 4 inch in size)
- Circular size (60″ i.e. inches)
- Fleece fabric or PLUSH fabric (i.e. short teddy bear fur)
- Mats are superbly well made/very high quality item.
- Lots of variety in style, customization, and design of mats.
- PLUSH mats are incredibly soft.
- PLUSH mats add some 3D effect by mussing up the mat a bit.
- Mats can easily create contoured elevation by placing objects beneath them, only possible because of the print process and the larger mat size.
- Incredible customer service. They are responsive to every need.
- You can wash the mats. Jonathan has not yet tried this.
- Mats are made to order resulting in 3-4 weeks from order to delivery.
- They’re not cheap. The average 4x6ft plus mat = $69 USD. PLUSH = $74 USD. 3x3ft = $55 USD, roughly $2.33/square foot for a 4×6. $2.68/sq foot for 4×6 PLUSH. $6.11/sq foot for 3ft
Buy a Cigar Box Battle mat. You won’t be disappointed.
Via our Facebook page:
- Listener Lord J of Jayington said of Episode 174: Self-Publishing Your Game with Gabriel Landowski “I still have 25mins again of the latest episode, it’s great. What an interesting discussion.”
Do You Like Wargaming Recon, then Review the show
iTunes and Stitcher Radio are some of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
- TotalCon is Feb 23-26, 2017 @ Best Western in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
- Jonathan & Adrian will be there Friday-Sunday. Mike will be there Saturday.
- The Saturday afternoon Bolt Action game is full. But, come in case someone doesn’t show up
- Mike is running his Hanghai game Saturday at 1pm
Jonathan’s convention schedule is at:
- There will be a listener meetup and open gaming with Jonathan
- LIVE Wargaming Recon recording in the TSR Play room Saturday 7pm w/Adrian in which we’ll discuss the convention, games played, events and other fun
LIVE recording releases as episode for March 13, 2017
Many thanks to Mike Kafes of the Mythwits for acting as our producer for the TotalCon 2017 episode.
Patreon backers get the newest episodes FIRST
Don’t want to wait? Support Wargaming Recon through Patreon. It costs as little as $1 per per month. That is less than a cup of coffee.
Thank you to:
- Chris Parker of Day of Battle Games
- Kyle from Vermont
$2 away from next Patreon Goal
- We suggest Mobile Users use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
- Next Episode is 177 releasing on February 27 2017
Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for our amazing logo. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
Contact Wargaming Recon
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Telephone Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.
Wargaming Recon is dedicated to the memory of long time listener Andrew who helped to give the show its name. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.