Mike Paine, Jonathan, and Alex Kostopoulos get into their recent hobbying and the Opening Gaming Convention 2017.
The fellas discuss their recent activities within the wargaming hobby, Mike has been busy prepping for the cons as well as a Wargaming Recon Soccer Stadium to paint for the Striker set of rules. Jonathan played Axis & Allies 1914 (affiliate link) & Battleground Games in Norton, assembled part of the Perry Miniatures Travel Battle & shot video of that (in Patreon campaign) and also received advance copy of the Cigar Box Battle Kickstarter mat & shot an unboxing video.
Open Gaming Convention
Held July 21-23, 2017 @ Holiday Inn in Nashua, New Hampshire. This years theme was REDRUM (murder backwards). Mike gives some insight to his game. Jonathan as always brings up improvements that could be made for next year (Hard man to please).
OGC Event Highlights
- Andre Kruppa running Star Wars Edge of Empire (affiliate link) immersive RPG events with Dark Phoenix Events
- Mark Edwards running Heroes of Altamira RPG events. He’s a familiar industry guest from TotalCon.
- Listener Gabriel said of Ep 187: Maine Historical Wargamers Association “I think that a sort of an MC for Huzzah! would help address a lot of the issues folks mentioned at the con. If there was more of a structured conversation between the Huzzah! hosts and the participants then perhaps it would come across as more engaging and structured.”
A place for listeners to hang out, chat about the hobby and the show. We have seen some great discussions lately. Some members have shared pics of minis they’re painting and taken part in a fun poll where people are voting for their favorite podcast guests so far this year.
We love all our guests. The poll is just for fun. Jasper Oorthuys is coming in 1st so far.
- 5 star review titled “Top Notch” from landencelano of the Grunt Work Podcast” Really impressed with the quality of the content and how enjoyable it was even being semi-unfamiliar with the topic. Unique perspective. Can’t wait to consume all there is to listen to. ”
Do You Like Wargaming Recon, then Review the show
iTunes and Stitcher Radio are some of the most popular ways for listeners to find podcasts. Why not help a potential new listener find our show and help grow the hobby?
WARGAMING RECON ARMY aka Patreon
Wargaming Recon Army members get newest episodes FIRST
Don’t want to wait? Support Wargaming Recon through Patreon. It costs as little as $1 per per month. That is less than a cup of coffee. You’ll get episodes before non-members AND you’ll get exclusive content.
Thank you to:
- Kyle from Vermont
- We suggest Mobile Users use Pocket Casts ($3.99 for iOS, Lite version is FREE). $3.99 for Android users.
- Read the Episode Guide for sneak peeks at future episodes.
- Next Episode is 191 releasing on September 4, 2017
Many thanks to Jeremy Kostiew, Troll ITC’s logo designer, for our amazing logo. Check out his portfolio at MightyNightGaunt.com
Contact Wargaming Recon
We hope you enjoy this episode of Wargaming Recon and welcome your feedback. Send it all to:
- Jonathan@WargamingRecon.com (Audio files welcome)
- Leave Telephone Voicemail: (347) 470-4263
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Find us on Facebook
- Stitcher Radio
- Send a Voicemail (free, you only need a microphone and computer).
Joshua Shoobridge edited the audio for this episode and wrote the show notes.
This recording is licensed under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links.
Wargaming Recon is dedicated to the memory of long time listener Andrew who helped to give the show its name. I ask all listeners to join me in a moment of silence in Andrew’s honor.