It is impossible to play wargames and not think of the actual wars and the impact they’ve had on mankind. Whether we’re paintballing, playing 40k, sitting in front of Halo 3, or going at it in War at Sea the real wars blend with us and the games we play.
We are proud to announce that the November 2007 issue of the CWF Game Cast Newsletter is now available.
All subscribed CWF Game Cast fans have received a copy of the newsletter in their e-mail.
To subscribe all you have to do is e-mail cwfgamecast [at] wargamingforums [dot] com (Titled Subscribe). Sign-up now and keep informed about the happenings in the world of gaming!
For everyone else please go to November 2007 Newsletter. We also look forward to all constructive feedback. You can find all newsletters in our Newsletter Archive. Please send feedback to cwfgamecast [at] wargamingforums [dot] com.
Wondering if the new No Quarter is worth purchasing? The table of contents below tells you what issue #14 covers. There’s plenty of great Allies coverage along with a kickass Cryx vs. Menoth battle report.
Over 90 pages of Privateer Press goodness all for just $5.99 plus a great special offer for a limited edition Eiryss.
- Fire in the Hole p. 2 “Letter from the Editor-in-Chief.”
- Bosun’s Call p. 4 “Letters to the Editor and general shenanigans.”
- News From the Front p. 5 “Events and important news from around the world.”
- New Releases p. 8 “The latest Privateer Press products for September and October.”
- Warmachine Preview: Allies p. 11 “Who’s your buddy? These hardcover warriors, that’s who!”
- Battle Report: Shifting Sands, Shifting Fate p. 18 “Cryx and the Protectorate bring their Allies to a scrap in the desert.”
- Modeling and Painting: Allies p. 36 “Bringing your faction’s new friends to the battle in style.”
- Mounted Mastery: Cavalry Tactics p. 42 “Get the most out of your cavalry units with these tactics and tips.”
- Recent Battles: Evolution p. 47 “New scenarios inspired by Hordes: Evolution.”
- Objects of War p. 57 “Scenarios for Warmachine themed terrain by Gale Force 9.”
- Terrain: Brick by Brick p. 62 “Alfonso Falco talks about the making of the Castle of the Keys.”
- Something Wicked… p. 66 “Infernalists in the Iron Kingdoms. Make sure you read the fine print.”
- The Pendrake Encounters: Cephalyx p. 76 “The Cephalyx don’t want your brain. They want to make it better.”
- Guts and Gears: Deliverers p. 80 “The Deliverers bring the Word with faith. Oh, and lots of rockets.”
- Staff Army: Tough and Flexible p. 86 “Privateer Press’ Justin Steurich shows off his vibrant Trollblood army.”
- Infernal Contraption 2: Sabotage! p. 88 “A primer for Infernal Contraption and preview of Sabotage!”
- Parts Bin p. 90 “A look at individual parts available in the Privateer Press Store.”
- Drawn & Quartered / Player Gallery p. 93 “IK inspired comic and some of the best fan-based paint jobs around.”
We scoured the new WD and have chosen 5 Quick Picks for your perusal. If you hate reading the entire mag, have a short attention span, or just want the best here’s 5 sections you can’t miss.
Our top pick is the Modelling Workshop: Building the Baneblade (Part One).
- New Releases – High Elf Lord on Dragon p. 4-5. This is such a great plastic model and you have a ton of options for just $45. It is truly a highlight of the new HE range.
- Battle Report – Invasion of Yvresse p. 46-65. Batreps make great reading while on break at work or trying to discover new tactics. This one is quite exciting.
- Lord of the Rings Tactica: Monsters p. 80-85. There’s some great suggestions for using LoTR monsters, which carry over to other systems too. Remember the Monster ABCs!
- Modelling Workshop: Building the Baneblade (Part One) p. 86-93. This step by step assembly walk through is a gem. Many players will be fielding the new plastic Baneblade in Apocalypse battles. Now, they can learn the best way to put it together.
- Chicago Golden Demon Honorable Mentions p. 113-114. The plethora of primarchs is truly impressive. Lionel Johnson, Khan, and many more. They all look incredible!
Wondering if the new WD is worth purchasing? The table of contents below tells you what issue #333 covers. There’s plenty of great High Elf coverage along with a kickass assembly walkthrough for the new plastic Baneblade.
Also included is a 15 page Gift Ideas booklet with holiday gift suggestions covering 40k, Fantasy, and LoTR.
- Chosen of Asuryan p. 27 New High Elves
- Design Notes p. 28 “We talk to Adam Troke and find out what delights can be found within the latest Warhammer army book.”
- Battle Report: Invasion of Yvresse p. 46 “An Orc horde sweeps across the realm of Yvresse, and Ulthuan’s finest ride to stop them!”
- New Releases p. 2 “All the latest models from the Citadel forges.”
- News p. 22 “Waaagh! The Space Orks are coming!”
- Standard Bearer p. 66 “Jervis looks at the High Elves, and discusses the finer points of games design.”
- Citadel Toolbox p. 69 “In this special extended Toolbox, we look at the brand new Citadel Hobby Tools range.”
- Cities Shall Fall! (Part One) p. 74 “Andy Hoare presents the first part of an apocalyptic cityfighting campaign.”
- The Lord of the Rings Tactica: Monsters p. 80 “Mat Ward reveals some fiendish ploys.”
- Modelling Workshop: Baneblade (Part One) p. 86 “Getting the most out of the Baneblade plastic kit, by master modeller Mark Jones.”
- ‘Eavy Metal Masterclass: High Elf Prince p. 94 “The new High Elf Prince gets the expert treatment.”
- Chicago Golden Demon p. 100 “The best painters from Chicago Games Day!”
- Frontline p. 116 “The latest events and activities near you!”
- Ordering Direct p. 130 “Taking the effort ot of shopping.”